Living a healthy and happy life is something we all wish to accomplish on a daily basis, but it’s often easier said than done. While there are plenty of ways to make that happen, one of the most important is ensuring your body receives the right nutrients with a balanced plant-based diet daily.
One thing that’s becoming extremely popular in today’s society is a plant-based diet. It not only comes with a world of benefits, but it allows you to avoid certain foods that do more harm to the body than they do good. Of course, this puts your mind, body, and health in a prime position.
With that said, finding the right plant-based diet that fits your lifestyle is often a chore. There are a wide range of plant-based foods and plant-based diets that can help you lead a healthy life. Don’t worry, we’re going to run you through some of the most prominent ones below!
So, what are the different plant-based diets?
A plant-based diet comes in many different forms. Some of them are stricter than others, but they’re all designed to give your body the right nutrients at the right times to ensure top-notch performance daily. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular plant-based diets today:
- Flexitarian – also called a semi-vegetarian diet, flexitarians mostly eat fruits and vegetables, but also include animal products in small amounts (including dairy, eggs, meat, and fish).
- Pescatarian – this diet is mostly focused on fruits and vegetables, but you’re allowed to add fish and seafood (as well as eggs and dairy) to your diet as you wish. It excludes meat and poultry.
- Ovo-Vegetarian – a diet that focuses on fruits and vegetables, but also includes eggs and egg-derived products. It excludes everything from meat to poultry, fish, seafood, and dairy products.
- Lacto-Vegetarian – a diet centered around the use of fruits and vegetables, but also includes dairy products. It excludes meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, and egg-derived products.
- Vegetarian – this diet is centered around fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, and grains, but also includes eggs, dairy, and other animal byproducts that don’t include slaughtering the animal. It excludes meat, poultry, fish, and seafood.
- Vegan – the strictest diet of them all, a vegan diet focuses on fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, and grains. It excludes any type of meat or animal product, including fish, poultry, seafood, eggs, and dairy products.
It doesn’t matter which diet you choose to indulge in, there are a wide range of plant-based diet benefits that make it a healthy decision for your future. Some of the benefits include lower blood pressure, a healthy heart, weight loss, longer life, improved cholesterol, more brain power, and a happier mood.
If you’re interested in learning more about the plant-based diet benefits or need assistance in determining which plant-based diet is best for you, Danny Stillman is here to help. Contact me today and book your first appointment!
We can’t wait to help you lead a happier, healthier, and more successful life!